Tuesday night, fancy a beer? Beer reviews below....

Sunday 12 August 2012

The Kernel India Pale Ale Galaxy (England)


http://www.thekernelbrewery.com/
The Kernel India Pale Ale Galaxy
The Kernel Brewery London
7.4% ABV

The tasting of this beer was actually by accident.  Whilst at the bar at a boutique beer cafe in York I asked the barman for a recommendation.  He then directed me to a few different beers that I had previously tried.  It was infact the guy stood to the side of me that told me to try this as it had won numerous awards and was currently number one in a few of the different beer charts.  He had specifically come in to have a few of these.  When the penny dropped and I realised what it was, I was relieved that the guy had given me the recommendation, so thanks to that guy!  I did feel bad however as I received the last beer in the keg.  So apologies to that guy too.

Review

This beer is designed for hop heads....  It must be as immediately you get punched in the face with the immense pineapple and exotic fruit aromas.  The beer is a clear golden liquid with a thin white head.  The beer is quite light in body for a beer of this strength but with the expected bitter finish of a beer this hoppy.

Beautiful intense aromas and very bitter.

Scores : -

Aroma 8/10
Appearance 3/5
Taste 6/10
Palate 3/5
Overall 16/20

Total 72%


No comments:

Post a Comment